Praying For The People Of New Zealand Mar 15, 2019 12:09:53 GMT -4
Post by Admin on Mar 15, 2019 12:09:53 GMT -4
Mar 14, 2019 11:37 PM
What we know:
* A gunman walked into a mosque on Deans Ave, Christchurch carrying a semi-automatic weapon and opened fire. He live streamed the attack.
* A second shooting occurred at a mosque in Linwood.
* At least 49 people were dead as of 9pm - 41 at the Central Mosque, 7 at Linwood Mosque, 1 in Christchurch Hospital.
* 48 people are in hospital with gunshots wounds as of 9pm, including young children. Other injured went to medical centres.
* A 28-year-old man has been charged with murder and is due to appear in the Christchurch District Court on Saturday morning.
* He was arrested on Brougham St in a car which had explosives and guns inside.
* The shooter identified himself as 28-year-old, Australian-born Brenton Tarrant.
* None of the suspects were on any police or terror watchlists.
* Two others remain in custody. A fourth person arrested on Friday was not related to these events, police say.
* Christchurch Hospital had 12 operating theatres in use on Friday night. Some of the injured require multiple surgeries.
* Families have shown up at the hospital and at the Deans Ave cordon seeking news of families members.
* A missing people's register has been set up at familylinks.icrc.org/new-zealand/en/Pages/Home.aspx
* Families and friends can also register missing people on 0800 115 019.
* Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern calls the attacks "NZ's darkest day."
* This is the deadliest mass shooting on record in New Zealand.
* Witnesses have described the horror of their "brothers" being attacked.
* The Queen, US President Donald Trump and the Pope are among world leaders who have sent messages of sympathy to New Zealand.
* Victim Support has launched an official fund for support of shooting victims. Donations can be made at givealittle.co.nz/cause/christchurch-shooting-victims-fund#
For The Lost so far may they rest in peace.